Fungi can produce mycotoxins that are poisonous to dogs. When a dog ingests these mycotoxins, they develop a condition known as mycotoxicosis. Organic matter, such as leaves, sticks and wild mushrooms and food that's been left to decompose can all be sources of mycotoxin exposure. If you have a curious dog that likes to explore by tasting what they find when they're out and about, it's wise to know the signs of mycotoxicosis, as ingesting even a small amount of contaminated organic matter can make your dog really sick.
- As a pet owner, it's important to be aware of the various medical procedures that your pet may need in order to maintain their health. One of the procedures that your pet may require is an ultrasound. While it can be a daunting prospect to consider your pet undergoing a medical procedure, it's important to be informed about the potential benefits and reasons why an ultrasound may be necessary. What Is an Ultrasound?